Sunday, March 3, 2013

Today's project

Today it's just durn cold outside, so I'm busy in the basement shop cleaning up the cutting head for the Snap-On brake rotor lathe I got from Mike Grover at MD Automotive. It has not been used for years because of a stripped gear. It took a week of searching, and the folks at Kwik-Way (the company that actually produced the lathe) came through on getting ma a part number! I gotta wait to get paid before I order the part, so I'm making sure the rest of the machine is ready to go. It was pretty gummed up, but a good cleaning in the old parts washer, some fine tuning of the adjustable parts, and some fresh oil has it ready for service. Here's a before shot and an after shot. Not much to look at, but the two plates slide nice and smooth now

No comments:

Post a Comment