Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cabin Fever

Hope is all I have... Hope that spring will get here. It seems winter won't let go this year. Or it's just that I have so many things I want to do, and they all hinge on the wether getting better. I think one of the improvements  the the shop this summer should be insulation and a heat source of some kind.  My friend Brian  put a wood stove in his shop this last fall, and has been out there all winter  tinkering. I'm jealous. 
What's driving me crazy is the overabundance of crap packed in to the shop. I'm overwhelmed at times. I go out there and just stare at the shop and think about what I need to do. I'd love to get some salvage wood from pallets at work and build a carport off the side, and maybe a narrow storage room off the back. I wonder about closing off one of the overhead doors, and making one bay a work area. That, of course, would make at least one car homeless. Maybe the carport could get closed in and be a smaller workshop.
 I still need to get rid of a large quantity of usless crap. I think a dumpster is in order soon. and a craigslist binge.  Clean out, and make a few bucks. Hopefully I can get a few small restoration projects going, and start getting things to sell.  I gotta pay for my projects somehow.
The only actual thing going on right now it trying to track down a no-start issue on Jimmys "Dirty 30". We gotta find the cause of no spark through the Motronic engine control system. It's stuck on the street in front of his place right now. We may wind up towing it over here to get a better look. Updates to follow.
This last week, I downloaded a program called Creo. It's a 3D modeling program like AutoCAD. I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but I think if I can get the hang of it, it will help me plan a lot of my builds. I hope to be able to draw up the frame of the bike before I start hacking so I have a plan. I'll share my progress soon.
Also, straight from the rumor mill, word has it Uncle Jake, aka "Old Man", is coming North sometime late spring, early summer with a major project for Stray Cat! a 1947 Harley Davidson Knuckle-head engine that needs to be built so it can go in an old-school bobber that Jake and his friends are building.  I'm excited to be part of a bike build, and can't wait to get started. I guess that's some extra motivation to get the shop in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment