Sunday, March 17, 2013

Music, Maps and Machines

It's been a Busy weekend here at Stray Cat. Friday night Gabrielle and I headed down to Pennsylvania Ave. United Methodist Church's food bank fund raiser. There was music, laughter, and some really great desserts.  I was glad to see people getting up in front and sharing their gifts and talents of music. It seems that we think the only good music has to come from professionals on TV or Radio anymore. NOT TRUE! There's got to be an outlet near you for live music. Go there! Get inspired. Dig in the closet, pull out that dusty guitar, oboe, flute, accordion or whatever. Get the piano tuned! It doesn't matter how long it's been. You'll feel good about making music. If you don't play, then turn up the radio and sing along!
There were a lot of good acts there, and I want to commend everyone for a great job.One act that really caught my attention was a 10 year old girl who got up and sang with another girl accompanying on guitar. The best part was that she had written the song herself! I know it took a lot of guts to get up and do what she did , but she did it, and did it well!
After a nice breakfast on Saturday morning, I headed up to my cousin's house to mark out the property line on a piece of land he recently purchased.
My cousin, his dad, my uncle  and I hiked out through the woods to survey the line.  We spent about 4 hours taking compass readings, cutting brush and marking trees. I had a good time. I love being out in the woods, and it meant I didn't have to go to the gym instead.
Back home at the shop, my gear had arrived from Kwik Way to repair the brake rotor lathe, Yay! so I went out and installed the new part and test rant the lathe. It works 100%. Now I need to find a set of adapters and start fixing some brakes. Hopefully that will be some income for Stray Cat this summer.

Off for more adventure today, then back to work for the week. The weather is still holding back a lot of projects, but that will be coming soon. Until then keep dreaming, and take every opportunity you get to go out and do something interesting.       Cheers! Banjo

No comments:

Post a Comment